Oh yeah, it’s calendar comp time again as eagle-eyed UKClimbing followers have already seen. The competition went live today and entries started flooding into my inbox almost immediately…
Climbing:2014 will be my tenth calendar and as with previous ‘Be in my Calendar’ competitions the winner will be chosen from UKC-followers and will plug straight into the spot-light on the UKClimbing page in Climbing:2014.
The five previous winners have been snapped making some great shapes on some of great routes in some great locations. Last year’s winner, Becky Lounds, got involved with Pull my Daisy and German School Girl in the Llanberis slate quarries. Craig Bailey (2012) and Ally Smith (2010) both featured on the fine Llangollen area limestone crags whilst Liam Lonsdale (2011) and Rachael Crewe (2009) were captured at St Bees and Stoney Middleton respectively. Both Becky and Liam went front cover in their respective years too.
If you’re not familiar with the competition, UKClimbing, alongside some of the biggest names in the UK climbing business, are sponsoring a page in my UK-centric climbing calendar, Climbing:2014, and I’m looking for a keen climber to be photographed in a special photo shoot for the UKC page.
The comp is as simple as it comes.
You need to be…
YOU need to be an experienced rock climber capable of leading rock routes of V Diff upwards. You must be available mid to late August for the photo shoot and will bring a sac of kit and a mate along to climb with.
Here’s the Deal…
- The winner (in addition to appearing on the UKC page in the calendar…) will also get a complementary 18×12” poster print (of a photo of their choice) from the photo shoot as well as a copy of Climbing:2014
- The winner’s mate will also get a copy of Climbing:2014
- A selection of images from the day will be published in a gallery on UKClimbing and/or KeithSharplesPhotography in a write-up of the day
- Further copies of Climbing:2014 will also go out to the three runners up
Midnight on Sunday 18th August 2013.
Here’s the questions…
- What was the first year that Keith Sharples Photography published a climbing calendar: a) 2003 b) 2004 c) 2005
- Shauna Coxsey has hit a purple patch in the bouldering comps. How many years has she won at Cliffhanger? a) one b) two c) three
- Steve McClure is never far from being in the news for cranking the hardest routes around. What is the name of his latest super route at Malham? a) Bat Route Extension b) Batman c) Robin
To enter the comp get along to UKClimbing and complete the on-line entry form. All you need to do then is keep your phone fully charged and wait a call from me after the closing date. Here a link to the UKC page with the comp entry form…
Best of luck – and hopefully see you soon. Meanwhile, here’s a couple of shots used of Becky in last year’s calendar plus a link to the photo shoot… http://www.keithsharplesphotography.co.uk/?page_id=578