There’s now less than 24hours left to enter the ‘Be in My 2013 Calendar Competition’ so if you fancy being in with a chance at a money can’t buy prize then you’d better be flippin’ quick!
If you’re not familiar with the competition, UKClimbing, alongside some of the biggest names in the UK climbing business, are sponsoring a page in my UK-centric climbing calendar, Climbing:2013, and I’m looking for a keen climber to be photographed in a special photo shoot for the UKC page. It is a prize that, as copy writers would say, money can’t buy.
It’s the fifth consecutive Be in My Calendar Comp that has been run in conjunction with UKC and it’s proving to be even more popular than ever. The four previous winners have been snapped making some great shapes on some of great routes. Craig Bailey (2012) and Ally Smith (2010) both featured on the fine Llangollen area limestone crags whilst Liam Lonsdale (2011) and Rachael Crewe (2009) were captured at St Bees and Stoney Middleton respectively.
Here’s a quick gallery of the previous winners in action…
Here’s the detail…
Need to be…
YOU need to be an experienced rock climber capable of leading rock routes of V Diff upwards. You must be available late July to early August for the photo shoot and will bring a sac of kit and a mate along to climb with.
Here’s the Deal…
- The winner (in addition to appearing on the UKC page in the calendar…) will also get a complementary 18×12” poster print (of a photo of their choice) from the photo shoot as well as a copy of Climbing:2013
- The winner’s mate will also get a copy of Climbing:2013
- A selection of images from the day will be published in a gallery on UKClimbing and/or KeithSharplesPhotography in a write-up of the day
- Further copies of Climbing:2013 will also got out to the three runners’
Midnight on Friday 13th July 2012.
Here’s the questions…
- Which uber wad did Keith photography recently for Climbing 2012: a) Adam Ondra b) Dave Graham c) Chris Sharma
- Which ‘wide-boy’ recently notched-up a monster USA tick-list AND appeared in Climbing 2012 a) Tom Hanks b) Tom Randall c) Pete Whittaker
- Which ex-pat Brit recently notched up the first ascent of a monster roof climb onMalta: a) Stevie Haston b) Stevie Wonder c) Steve McClure
Here’s what to do…
Entry to the comp is via the UKC pages. Click through this link and follow the instructions… http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=4756
T&Cs (a.k.a. Terms and Conditions)…
- must lead routes of VD standard or harder on outdoor crags on a regular basis and your mate must also be a competent climber and belayer
- and your mate will provide all your own climbing kit and take sole responsibility for your actions when climbing during the photo shoot and will travel to and from the photo shoot at your own expense
- must agree to a suitable location from those suggested by Keith
- must be at least 18 years old
- agree that images from the photo shoot can be published
- accept that the image selected will be chosen by Keith in consultation with UKClimbing and that their decision is final
- accept the inclusion of another/substitute climber in the calendar if a mutually acceptable venue or time for the photo shoot cannot be established for whatever reason
- accept that no compensation or substitute prize, including cash alternative, will be provided in lieu
- agree by entering the competition that you have read, understood and accept the competition rules